Chef Chanda Martin
I spent my early years cooking and gardening with my Granny in southern California. Doing so brought me a lifelong love of fresh, seasonal family meals. Years of travel in my adult years have brought me an excitement for many cuisines. I am fortunate to be able to bring my passion for cooking to your home!
My love of cooking and travel led me to ten years of working as a personal chef aboard yachts. Each port brought new menus and beautiful local markets to explore. After traveling for so many years, I happily detoured into working as a Chef Instructor and Nutrition Coordinator at Farestart. The variety of these has experiences brought me closer to the profound impact food has on each of our daily lives. My professional degrees include a Grand Diploma from the International Culinary Center in NYC and a BFA from the University of Washington.
My passion for cooking and bringing fresh, flavorful, nutritious meals to your table begins with planning a great menu which reflects your culinary preference and values. Something else I love to do is present cooking classes to teach you any number of cooking skills and recipes. I look forward to working with you and producing many great meals for your household.
Savor pictures of meals prepared by Chanda Martin on her Instagram page
Highlights from Chanda’s Menus
- Summer Vegetable Gratin with Tomato, Squashes, and Caramelized Onion
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Cherry Tomato Salad and Roasted Anaheim Pepper and Pineapple Salsa
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Spiced Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- Chili Braised Tofu with Wild Rice Hearty Greens Salad
- Red Curry Rice Noodle Buddha Bowl
- Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna
- Falafel Bowl
- Lentil and Sausage Soup
- Salmon 3 Ways: Firecracker, Fig & Olive, Four Spice