Chef Laura Taylor
Like so many of us, I grew up in the kitchen. Many of my childhood memories revolve around food, cooking, and a dream to open a healthy restaurant one day. Little did I know then that I was on a path with a collective of experiences to serve people in their own home kitchens instead.
Upon graduation from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) with a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management, my journey landed me in Catering Sales Management and Private Event Directorship with Clubcorp, Marriott, and El Gaucho Bellevue. I was an active member of the National Association for Catering and Events for 9 years in both the Houston and Greater Seattle Area chapters, including board-level service as Treasurer and Chapter President. Through NACE, I achieved the CPCE designation as well as an award for Best Catered Event of the Year 2009.
After 10 years on that course, I left El Gaucho and took the leap into entrepreneurship. I love to cook. I love to help people. It’s a natural fit to start a company like Honest to Goodness. Now I cook for people who don’t love to cook, don’t have time to cook, or don’t know how to handle their special diet. Through the United States Personal Chef Association, I attained the designation of Certified Personal Chef (CPC). It is also a pleasure to mentor other personal chefs across the country in our chosen industry.
Thank you for trusting our Seattle chef team at Honest to Goodness to serve your goals for a healthier lifestyle.
Highlights from Laura’s Menus
- Greek Steak Souvlaki with Mini Bell Peppers and Haricots Verts
- Balsamic Chicken with Fire-Roasted Corn and Shredded Kale
- Pork Cutlets with Saffron-Mascarpone Cream Sauce, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Asparagus
- Cajun Shrimp and Cauliflower “Grits” with Cider-Braised Greens
- Bibb, Radicchio, Apple Salad with Garlic-Golden Raisin Vinaigrette
- Halibut a la Siciliana with Capers, Kalamata Olives, Pine Nuts, Fennel, and Heirloom Tomato
- Ras el Hanout Chicken with Preserved Lemon, Green Olives, and Fingerling Potatoes
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Curd Tart with Kumquat Coulis & Coconut Whipped Cream