Chef Ruben Pina, Jr
Growing up in San Antonio, Texas, I was inspired by my grandfather and uncles who were always cooking for the family. After high school, I began cooking at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. My focus there was on garde manger, smoking meats, and Tex-Mex cuisine.
Then, I moved to Seattle to pursue a formal education in culinary arts. This training included extensive education and experience in working with pastries. Afterwards, I taught at some of the local colleges and worked at several different local restaurants in the Seattle area. There is a lot of creativity that goes into cooking and baking. Most of all, I love creating food experiences for people to enjoy. I look forward to making wonderful, flavorful dishes for you and introducing you to new ideas and experiences in the kitchen.
Highlights from Ruben’s Menus
- Hazelnut Chicken with Quinoa Pilaf, Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Fajitas, Refried Pinto Beans, Mexican Rice and Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Blackened Salmon with Zucchini Noodles and Brown Rice
- Honey Gingered Pork Tenderloin Served with Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus
- Ginger Sesame Glazed Salmon and Green Beans Sautéed with Mushrooms and Caramelized Leeks
- Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers and Coconut Peanut Sauce with Sugar Snap Peas and Carrot Soba Noodles
- Blackened Salmon with Asian Garlic Green Beans and Steamed Rice
- Greek Gyro Meatballs and Tomatoes with Tzatziki Sauce and Naan Bread