Chef Stacey O’Farrell
I was born and raised on the northern shore of Whidbey Island where there was no shortage of quality local ingredients. Crabbing, raking smelt, fishing for salmon, and picking blackberries were some of my favorite activities. I developed a love of food and cooking at a very young age.
In 2004, I moved to Seattle to attend Seattle Pacific University. I took a job at a nearby chocolate shop, Chocolopolis, to make ends meet. While there, I was educated in every aspect of the bean-to-bar chocolate industry and trained as an artisan chocolatier. I fell in love with working with my hands and providing customers an unforgettable culinary experience.
Since then, I’ve worked as a cheesemonger with Metropolitan Market, as a barista and line cook with Tom Douglas Restaurants, and as a development assistant at FareStart. These experiences have inspired me toward being a personal chef for busy couples and families. Also, I am an avid home cook with a passion for developing and perfecting recipes that my husband and two-year-old daughter like to test.
I love getting to know my clients and working with them to create menus that are not only delicious but will meet their individual needs. I especially love sourcing local and seasonal ingredients whenever I can!
Highlights from Stacey’s Menus
- Red Curry Beef and Sweet Potato
- Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Blackened Shrimp, Cotija Cheese, Avocado, and Cilantro
- Buckwheat Soba Noodles with Sesame Dressing, Poached Salmon, and Roasted Broccoli
- Spinach Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pecans
- Brown Rice Asian Grain Bowl with Scrambled Eggs, Veggies, and Fresh Herbs
- Harissa Chicken Thighs on Couscous with Tomatoes and Feta
- Swordfish Skewers with Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad
- Lemongrass Shrimp Vermicelli Bowl
- Chana Masala with Basmati Rice
- Fig and Strawberry Tart